Elyon Enterprise Strategies
Chief Revenue Executive
January 2024 – Present
- Responsible for the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary for sustainable growth while maximizing reach and efficiency by aligning and building strategic partnerships.
- As a member of the executive leadership team charged in executing the corporate strategic plan, ensures performance and alignment of Elyon’s revenue-generating strategies while managing the sales process to drive business growth across all customer segments.
The Digital Services Group
Principal & Founder
October 2019 – Present
- Founded the Digital Services Group as a California Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) and United States Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a mission to foster a culture of government transformation and civic engagement.
- Transformed the way governments procure, develop, and deliver digital services that put people first to meet government needs and make the delivery of policy and programs more effective.
- Helped organizations understand how to optimize business operations and bring better value to their consumer and their bottom line – from strategy through delivery.
- Led user-driven, agile approaches to empower governments better serve the public and their own workforce.
- Identified the right focus areas to drive the most significant benefits to the member experience and business operations.
- Empowered organizations to improve performance and agility through cloud-enabled automation and data-driven insights.
Vice President of Business Development
November 2022 – January 2024
- Led business development in the West US as the Client Relationship Executive (CRE).
- Responsible for developing strategies to meet State's goals for data management & analytics, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), and integrated eligibility and program integrity enterprise solutions.
- Programs included forty state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and health information technology solutions.
HHS Technology Group
Regional Vice President of Sales
December 2019 – November 2022
- Helped build a world-class professional services operation focused on delivering successful implementations of comprehensive healthcare solutions and purpose-built, modular software products for modernization and operation of systems across a wide spectrum of health and human services programs.
- Programs included Medicaid, Medicare, Child Welfare, SNAP, and TANF, with products and solutions designed and focused to support Financial Management, Provider Management, Case Management, Integrated Eligibility and Enrollment Management, and Systems Integration.
Director of Business Development
July 2018 – December 2019
- Led all business development activities for CivicActions, including new state and local opportunities, products and partnership relationships, and marketing and event activities.
- Built relationships with partner executives and senior level public sector clients to determine ways in which CivicActions could best support the business and technology needs of customers.
- Managed business goals covering wide range of disciplines including strategic planning, market research, business development, and long-range business planning.
- Developed and strengthened strategic relationships while fostering, promoting and facilitating sales and delivery of digital services.
California Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS)
Chief Technology Officer
February 2015 – July 2018
- Responsible for overall technology approach, strategic planning, and implementation of the State of California's $420M Child Welfare Digital Service's (CWDS) CWS/CMS and CWS-CARES applications assuring the safety, permanency and well-being of children at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Led multiple State and hired contractor teams working in a variety of environments to develop web/mobile applications, underlying technology platform, data architecture, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Provided technical and managerial leadership for diverse engineering teams utilizing an agile methodology based on the principles of user-centered design and iterative development.
- Led the practice of DevOps to provision, operate, and manage distributed application systems on the AWS elastic cloud infrastructure.
California Office of Systems Integration (OSI)
Principal Solutions Architect
March 2010 – February 2015
- Served as the Principal Solutions Architect for the Office of Systems Integration (OSI) overseeing a $5.5B portfolio, including eight major projects that spanned Federal, State and Local government.
- Responsible for delivery of the projects with partner companies (ACS, HPIS, Deloitte, IBM, Accenture, CGI, Oracle, and SAP), and ensured they met the needs of the State, counties, and stakeholders.
- Ensured alignment with business and IT strategic plans, and identified opportunities to minimize overlap and reduce redundancy and cost in government operations.
- Championed the advancement of State frameworks, and associated policy and guidance, by identifying reusable and/or shareable solutions from Statewide IT projects.
California Office of Systems Integration (OSI)
Information Security Officer
October 2008 – March 2010
- Charged with standing up a new information security program for the Office of Systems Integration (OSI) to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of state systems and applications, and ensuring the protection of information assets.
- Advised OSI's eight major projects that spanned Federal, State and Local government on security requirements for applications and the associated cost of meeting state and industry security standards.
- Developed a security program to include information security risk assessments, policy and strategy development, security product selection and integration, and security personnel training and mentoring.
California Interim Statewide Automated Welfare System (ISAWS)
Service Operations Manager
December 2006 – October 2008
- Managed delivery for the State of California's Welfare to Work (WTW) employment services and the Interim Statewide Automated Welfare System (ISAWS) technical infrastructure across 35 counties.
- Oversaw the ISAWS Service Delivery Framework (SDF) with a set of principles, standards, policies and constraints used to guide the design, development, deployment, and operation of information technology services.
- Insured Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer expectations were met through the development, communications, and review of IT Service Levels supported by the business.
- Aligned service-delivery capacity to business demands, while managing customer satisfaction.
- Led the development and management of all operational service metrics, scorecards, and continuous improvement.
- Provided ownership, design and delivery of all Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management functions.
US Department of Homeland Security
Technical Project Manager
December 2004 – November 2006
- Served as TPM for the $43M BioWatch Laboratory Data Integration (LDI) project, an electronic laboratory reporting system for BioWatch laboratories throughout the United States for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with the objective of inter-operating multiple IT system components, provided work-flow enhancements, and improved quality assurance.
- Integrated the gathering of data samples from collectors, transportation of samples to testing laboratories, processing and synthesis of data, and the dissemination of test results to federal agencies.
- Oversaw project certification through FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) as required by Congressional legislation.
Founder & CEO
January 2001 – December 2004
- Consulted growing businesses on all aspects of digital media marketing, including website development projects, social media marketing, and sales & business development.
- Ensured all projects were delivered in adherence to quality standards, while tracking deadlines, responsibilities, and reporting the progress of enhancements.
- Provided strategic direction for Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen for their digital media portfolio, focusing on specific business needs to drive growth, competitiveness, and long-term adoption.
- Consultant for Dylan & Cole Sprouse for software development and internet strategy.
June 1998 – January 2001
- Defined project direction, including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
- Oversaw project planning and development, including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation was aligned with project goals and requirements.
- Developed product roadmaps supporting business growth objectives, annual operating plans, manpower forecasts, and development budgets.
Aviation Rescue Swimmer
June 1993 – June 1998
- Served as a Naval Special Operations (NSO) Aviation Rescue Swimmer (AIRR) charged with saving pilots of downed aircraft. Performed Medical Evacuations (MEDEVAC), passenger transport, small arms handling, diving and salvage unit support, and Naval Special Warfare (NSW) insertion and extraction operations for Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Seven (HSC-7) and Amphibious Squadron Three (PHIBRON-3).
- Honorably discharged with 19 medals and ribbons awarded, including the NATO and Armed Forces Service Medal for the Operations Deny Flight, Sharp Guard, and Provide Promise over Bosnia and Herzegovina, and a pair of Southwest Asia Service and Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals for two Operation Southern Watch campaigns over Iraq.