Recent professional experience includes:
- Performed Quality Assurance and executive advisory services for the Cerner Millennium implementation at the San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital
- Managed the effort to establish an IT strategic roadmap and business process improvements for the California Department of Public Health including leading the implementation of initiative governance, establishing, leading and facilitating program workstreams, and day-to-day executive partnership with client leaders
- Managed the effort to develop the Business Process Analysis documentation, including Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, Go-to-market Strategy, Feasibility Study and Implementation Advance Planning Documentation for an Enterprise Systems Modernization effort for the State of Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Led the effort to create the State of California Information Technology Annual Report under the guidance of the State Chief Information Officer
- Managed the engagement to develop a five-year strategic plan for the Delaware Health Information Network transitioning the organization from an initial growth phase to a mature strategic partnership oriented service provider
- Assessed the viability of a Medicaid Enterprise System based on CMS' updated modularity expectations for the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, focused on the availability and efficacy of Administrative Services Organizations for Fee-For-Service claims adjudication, and project management and systems integrator approaches for the Department
- Led and managed the development of functional requirements for a claiming and payment system for the Georgia Department of Public Health as part of an Enterprise Systems Modernization effort, and project managed and provided subject matter expertise through full procurement phases of the full DPH Enterprise Systems Modernization initiative
- Project Managed and led the business requirements development for Integrated Eligibility (IE) System and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) for the State of Vermont that spans Medicaid, health care and non-health care public assistance programs and integrates with the State’s Health Insurance Marketplace; performed Quality Assurance and IV&V for associated procurements
- Facilitated MITA State Self-Assessments for the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services and Vermont Agency of Human Services. Developed interview and analysis tools, identified strategic intra-Departmental initiatives, and developed a strategic MITA roadmap for the departments.
- Project managed and contributed to the strategy development and quality assurance and independent verification and validation (QA / IV&V) for the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency Knowledge Integration Project, and adaptation of the Accountable Care Organization for communities and local governments
- Project managed and developed the value creation and financial sustainability models for the Statewide HIE for the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and for the State of Arkansas Office of Healthcare Information Technology. This model included a review of system and organization costs based on local and national industry trends, calculation of quantifiable value based on state-specific health care metrics, and recommended detailed immediate and near-term, and potential long-term funding strategies
- Developed the State HIE Strategic and Operational Plans for the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health. The 190-page plan included a deep understanding of the status of HIT in the State as well as guidance for the future of EHR adoption through the development of an HIE in the State. The project was completed with large amount of interaction between Gartner, the Department of Public Health, the Department of Social Services (Medicaid) and the assigned Regional Extension Center
- Modeled the current and potential future benefits of telehealth in Canada in support of the Infoway telehealth initiative, including citizen health benefits and government and citizen cost savings
- Developed an extensive IT scenario-based cost model for a large national commercial healthcare client, including definition of current/future cost drivers. The model provided a seven-year view of a multi-billion dollar IT department and included extensive metric projections based on known IT drivers matched with company-specific and industry guided cost drivers. The model provided both detailed expectations of cost in specific IT ‘towers’ as well as executive-ready budget projects and predictive analytics with adjustable sensitivity analyses
- Developed the SMHP and IAPD detailing Medicaid EHR Incentive Program requirements and strategy for the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services. This project further enhanced communication and collaboration between the three Federal grantees for HIT in the State and harmonized the collaboration to ensure the most effective development of HIT in the State
- Assisted the State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addictions Services with the development of a RFP for an enterprise-wide Electronic Health Record including support during the evaluation of responses and a comprehensive market scan of behavioral health EHR vendors
At the 2014 Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference, Kevin presented in partnership with a state client, “Using the MITA SS-A to Align Procurements with Your Future State” discussing successes in leveraging the national standard to develop client-oriented and business-driven system procurements that is easily understandable by vendors.
Prior to joining Elyon, Mr. Chartrand has nearly 15 years of professional consulting and strategy experience in for industry leading consulting and Fortune 50 healthcare firms, has held management positions at Sacramento area businesses and has co-founded several startups in a variety of industries.